Your Ad Here

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Enzo Pineda: 1st Prince on the rise




Enzo Pineda may not have won the coveted title of Ultimate Male Sole Survivor in the recently concluded “StarStruck V,” but from the fans’ screams and cheers on him during the Kapuso celebration of the Panaad Festival last March 20 at the SM City Bacolod and Panaad Stadium in Bacolod City, it felt that he was the “sole winner.”

According to him, it was an unexpected reception from the Negrense fans. Their energy was inspiring not only for him but also his “StarStruck V” colleagues with him during the Panaad Festival – Sarah Lahbati, Diva Montelaba, Roco Nacino and Sef Cadayona.

“It’s flattering to have such warm reception from them,” said Enzo in Filipino.

So has he gotten over with not winning the “Ultimate Male Sole Survivor” title?

“Well, I didn’t get frustrated after I didn’t win. The important thing is that I was able to show what I can do and stand out as Enzo. Reaching the finals only meant that I was worth a shot in showbiz,” he replied.

Unlike other young actors who pursued their dream as actors while they were still kids, Enzo can be called a late bloomer. According to him he was only able to amass enough confidence to try out showbiz when he was already in college. And this eventually led to him auditioning and being accepted in the Final 14 of the recently concluded “StarStruck V.”

Looking back he added that he regretted not reaching his dream when he was still in high school or even elementary by joining a dance troupe or a theater guild. For him, he was very lucky and grateful to have parents who gave their utmost support to his showbiz endeavor.

“It has always been my personal goal to be an actor. My parents have businesses and I know they also want me to be a businessman someday. But I want to focus now with my showbiz career. I want to work hard and prove myself,” he explained.

Though the whole “StarStruck V” was a training field for all of the Final 14 competitors, honing his skills didn’t stop there. All the Top 5 winners were given a week-long workshop in acting with no other than one of the country’s most respected dramatic actresses, Ms. Gina Alajar. And he learned a lot from her as he discovered more that he really wants to be a dramatic actor!

“From the workshop, I discovered that acting is one long and tedious process… I really want to portray different roles especially not ordinary roles like a super hero in a ‘telefantasya.’ Of course we all want to play lead roles but I like to portray different characters… when we started in our workshops, I fell in love more with acting,” he exclaimed.

The challenge for him is to portray his roles well and make his audience or viewers feel his emotions with his “real acting.” Though he has made a name for himself as a dancer, Enzo sees himself as an actor. With regards to singing, it is a remote possibility but a talent he would like to excel in too someday.

At the moment, Enzo is in GMA-7’s newest Sunday variety show “Party Pilipinas” with the rest of “StarStruck V’s” Top 5 finalists and a few other members of the Final 14.

“I’m really thankful with the blessings I’m getting so far… the only difference with my not winning is not getting the money and the title. Like what the judges said, the real challenge lies after ‘StarStruck.’ And for me that’s true because right now we have different career plans. It’s up to us where we want to go with our careers. It’s up to us to get to be stars and the network and GMA Artist Center are here to guide us and give us the opportunities,” Enzo remarked.

With his drive and passion in acting, it wouldn’t be a surprise if we see Enzo in more GMA-7 shows because he is a “StarStruck V’s” 1st Prince ON THE RISE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment