Your Ad Here

Friday, January 29, 2010

Angelica: Hard to switch off Krissy


Angelica Panganiban is totally into Krissy, whom she popularized on the gag show, “Banana Split.”

“When I’m with friends, I switch to Krissy talk. Pati pagtawa n’ya nagagaya ko. I have trouble turning her off,” Angelica told Inquirer Entertainment over dinner in Jaro, Iloilo.

Krissy is Angelica’s impersonation of Kris Aquino. She has copied the controversial TV host’s trademark squeal, sing-song laughter and kolehiya speech. “At first, I was just mimicking Kris. As the show progressed, I began breathing life into Krissy,” said Angelica.

Angelica said Krissy brought her and Aquino closer. “I’m thankful that Kris is cool with it, hindi pikon. I send her gifts once in a while to show my gratitude,” she said.

The actress plays the lead role in the newest Kapamilya drama program “Rubi,” premiering Feb. 15. She said Rubi is a difficult character to portray. “She’s good and bad at the same time,” Angelica explained. “It’s also hard to snap back to my real self right after doing Rubi. I can’t be a scheming woman when the camera rolls and become me again when it stops. Luckily, the production team is very understanding. They don’t take me seriously ’pag mainit ang ulo ko.”

Krissy for Ilonggos

On Saturday night, Angelica once again became Krissy to entertain an Ilonggo crowd of 12,000 in a show at the Robinsons Place Ledesma Carpark here.

Kapamilya stars Jake Cuenca, Maja Salvador, Jason Abalos, Shaina Magdayao and Cacai Bautista were also in the show, which was part of the three-day Dinagyang Kapamilya Karavan.

The day before, “Tanging Yaman” star EJ Falcon was special guest in the 3rd Kapamilya Dance Showdown at the SM City Events Center in Manduriao.

The program was hosted by Josh Misajon, of the early morning magazine show “Sikat sa Iloilo,” and MOR 91.1 FM radio jock Smarty Sam. DzMM radio host Winnie Cordero joined an afternoon of games with Ilonggos, also on Saturday.

Held Sunday at the Freedom Grandstand on J. M. Basa Street was the Dinagyang Hati-Hati Tribe Competition, aired live on www.abs-cbnnow.com from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. Local talents wore shirts that say “Bilib sa galing ng Pinoy,” one of many designs launched recently by ABS-CBN Regional Network Group (RNG) and Fiesta Shirts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment